Monday, January 4, 2016

Chicken Money Bags( Thung Thong)

Tung Tong are a tasty Thai appetizer that are usually served with a sweet chilli sauce or plum sauce. These are also called Money Bags due to their appearance. It's crispy and deep-fried pastry purses filled with a mixture of minced chicken, minced prawn and minced mushroom. I always buy my pastry sheets from Asian stores.



Ingredients:-
  • Chicken Filling - 1 cup
  • Square wonton wrappers/Spring rolls- 12 nos
  • Chives/Spring onion - 1 bunch
  • Oil for deep frying
  • Sweet chilli sauce to serve


Preparation:-
  • Place 1 wrapper on a flat surface. 
  • Spoon 1  teaspoon chicken mixture in centre of wrapper. 
  • Brush edge with cold water. Fold up sides to form a pouch. Pinch to enclose filling. 
  • Tie with a chive to secure.
  •  Repeat with remaining wrappers, chicken mixture and chives.

  • Heat oil in wok or large saucepan; deep-fry money bags, in batches, until crisp and browned lightly. 
  • Drain on absorbent paper.
  • Serve with dipping sauce.



1 comment:

  1. I don't have time beating around the bush, instead I go straight to the point.... So to you doubters I ain't expecting you all to believe my testimony but only the few chosen ones by God. In a short summary, I'm here to tell the whole world that I recently got cured from my long term herpes disease, both the HSV1 and HSV2 through the assistance of Herbalist doctor Oyagu I pray God continually blesses Dr Oyagu in all he does, because he is indeed a very good, nice and powerful doctor. I’m cured of herpes disease at last! Wow I'm so much in great joy because I've never in my life believed herbs works, but meeting doctor Oyagu was an eye opener and he made me believe that herpes truly got a complete cure. I used the doctor's herbal medicine for just two weeks and I was totally cured from both my HSV1 and HSV2. I'm so excited. For help and assistance in getting rid of your herpes virus you can Call/WhatsApp doctor Oyagu on his telephone number: +2348101755322 or for more inquiries you can as well contact the doctor on EMAIL: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete