Monday, May 5, 2014

Thirunelvelli Sodhi

Sodhi is a very famous dish in Thirunelvelli, Tamilnadu. It is also called " Mapillai Sodhi". One of our friend told about this. We asked recipe from his mom. After that only we knew about this dish and then i planned to cook this. It's a very delicious curry made from coconut milk. 


Ingredients:-
Moong dal - 1 cup
Drumstick pieces - 8 or 10 nos
Sliced Carrot - 1/2 cup
Diced Potatoes - 1/4 cup
Chopped Brinjal - 1/4 cup
Peas - 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Grated Coconut - 1 cup ( I used frozen coconut)
Tomato - 1
Small onion - 8 or 10
Salt to taste

To grind:-
Green Chilli - 3 nos
Ginger - 1 inch
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp

To Temper:-
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Red Chillies - 2 nos
Curry leaves - few



Preparation:-

To prepare Coconut Milk:-
1. In a blender add grated coconut  and 1 cup of warm water . keep aside for around 5 minutes.
2. Grind into a smooth paste and  strain it with the stainer. Press it with a ladle to extract the thick coconut milk . Keep this First extracted milk aside.
3. Repeat this process and keep the second extract (thin) milk aside.

To prepare Sodhi:-
1. Wash and chop the vegetables and keep aside.

2.  In a pressure cooker, add moong dal, green chilli, 4 or 5 small onion , salt and turmeric powder with enough water for 3 whistles.Mash it and keep it aside.


3. Grind Green Chilli, ginger and cumin seeds into a fine paste. keep aside.




4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, broken red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a mins.

5. Add remaining onion, tomato and green chilli. Saute till it turns translucent.

6. Now add carrot , peas, potatoes, brinjal, drumstick and salt and fry  for few mins.
7. Add thin coconut milk and turmeric powder. Cover and cook the vegetables until it turns soft .
8. Then add mashed moong dal and gorunded ginger greenchilli paste,mix well and bring it to boil for 4-5 mins.

9. Add thick coconut milk and Cook for another 3-5 mins and turn off the flame.

10.  Serve with hot steamed rice, potato fry and ginger chutney.



2 comments:

  1. I don't have time beating around the bush, instead I go straight to the point.... So to you doubters I ain't expecting you all to believe my testimony but only the few chosen ones by God. In a short summary, I'm here to tell the whole world that I recently got cured from my long term herpes disease, both the HSV1 and HSV2 through the assistance of Herbalist doctor Oyagu I pray God continually blesses Dr Oyagu in all he does, because he is indeed a very good, nice and powerful doctor. I’m cured of herpes disease at last! Wow I'm so much in great joy because I've never in my life believed herbs works, but meeting doctor Oyagu was an eye opener and he made me believe that herpes truly got a complete cure. I used the doctor's herbal medicine for just two weeks and I was totally cured from both my HSV1 and HSV2. I'm so excited. For help and assistance in getting rid of your herpes virus you can Call/WhatsApp doctor Oyagu on his telephone number: +2348101755322 or for more inquiries you can as well contact the doctor on EMAIL: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete